Use this website to quickly find the most important information about the Washington Dulles Airport, called Washington Dulles International Airport: Departures, Arrivals, Parking, Car Rentals, Hotels near the airport and other information about Dulles airport. Plan your travel to IAD Airport with the information provided in this site.
Dulles Airport, also known as Washington Dulles Airport (IATA: IAD; ICAO: KIAD) is located 26 miles (42 km) west of the city centre of Washington, in Virginia, USA.
Washington Dulles Airport is an international airport in Fairfax and Loudoun counties in Virginia. It serves mostly the District of Columbia in the Baltimore–Washington Metropolitan Area. It operates to/from over 120 destinations worldwide.
IAD airport has a Main Terminal and 2 Concourses buildings: A/B and C/D, two satellite terminals. Dulles Airport has a total of 123 gates.
There are 2 areas of gates: “H” gates and Concourse Z (a set of 4 gates with jetbridges). H Gates are used as the waiting areas for airlines that use planes parked and don’t have jetbridges. The other 4 gates hosts Frontier Airlines, Air Canada Express and Silver Airways.
Concourses A-B: Operate all United Express & non-United flights.
A: it has 47 gates. It mostly operates with international flights and it has several gates that manage regional jets and small planes. This gates are located on the ground floor and are mostly used by United Express.
B: It has 28 gates and operates with all non-United domestic and Canada flights but some international carriers use it as well. It has a direct connection with the AeroTrain.
Concourses C-D: United Airlines is the only carrier that operates in C and D. Most of the United Express jet operations and United flights are handled out of this concourses.
Concourse C is provided with a Federal Inspection Station to deplane passengers directly via a jetbridge. It’s possible for all the flights not originating at an airport with United States customs preclearance.
It’s planned to construct a new C-D concourse on the future named as Tier 2. It is going to have 44 gates.
Washington Dulles Airport is connected by the following ground transportation:
- Silver Line Express Bus: links the airport with the Silver Line’s Wiehle-Reston East Metro station in about 15 minutes. Price: $5 for one way. Currently is under a refurbishment.
- Bus: Fairfax Bus offers two routes: 981 and 983. Route 981: stops at the Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum. Route 983: It is subjected by the opening hours of the museum. As well as route 981, it serves the Reston population.
- Metrobus: Route 5A: runs to/from Rosslyn VA and L’Enfant Plaza in Washington D.C. including the Herndon–Monroe Park and Ride garage as well.
- Taxi: Washington Dulles Airport it’s exclusively served by Washington Flyer Taxicabs company. It operates 24/7. To pick up one taxi follow the Ground Transportation signs marked at the Main Terminal (lower level). Credit cards and cash is accepted for payments. To make a reservation, please, call the following number:
- Rental Cars: different agencies provide car rental offers available to all drivers that request it. Check here car rental options!
To get more information about transportation from IAD airport, please, visit the Transport online page.
Address: 1 Saarinen Cir, Dulles, VA 20166, United States
Telephone: +1 703.572.2700
Office: Baggage Claim area.
Security Poing - Phone:
703-662-2234. Opening hours: Monday - Saturday from 10am to 2:30pm. On Sundays and Holidays, closed.